TPG is Singapore’s 4th and the last telecom to enter the market after Singtel, Starhub and M1. Back in 2018, TPG has said in a press release that it will offer free mobile service for a year to the first 20,000 who register their interest with the telco.
This free trial is most likely in place to stress-test the new infrastructure that TPG has just built before the official launch of the network to the public.
What it includes
- 2GB of mobile data daily at 4G speeds
- 20 minutes of call-time to local fixed lines
- 20 SMSes to local mobile numbers
Do keep in mind that this trial offer may be withdrawn at any time and a 4G VoLTE compatible device is required for making and receiving calls. Some of the supported devices include the Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+, Huawei Nova 3i, Huawei Mate20 and more. The full list of supported devices can be found here.
If you do exceed 2GB of usage on a particular day, your internet speed will be capped at 1Mbps.
Trial now includes overseas Data Roaming
TPG has also just announced that it will begin to offer unlimited Data Roaming in Malaysia and Indonesia from the middle of July 2019.
These two countries are two of the top travel destinations for Singaporeans due to their proximity, so many of our customers will be able to save and break away from existing high roaming charges.David Teoh, TPG Executive Chairman
To enjoy the free data roaming trial service, you will need to:
- Ensure your TPG SIM card is connected and active for at least 24 hours while in Singapore before your trip to allow your SIM to be automatically updated.
- Enable Data Roaming in your mobile device when you are in one of our free trial roaming destinations.
- Set the Network Selection in your mobile device to “Automatic”. Alternatively, you may select YTL / YES 4G in Malaysia or Smartfren in Indonesia.
Sign up now
A new number will be allocated to your new SIM card. If you are interested in porting your number over to TPG, you will be able to do so after the official launch their network.
Sign up or learn more at the following link:
Updated on 7 Aug 2019: Added more information on overseas Data Roaming