Parallels has finally launched Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac with a revitalised design suitable for the new macOS Big Sur look. With the newly updated version, you can expect enhanced graphics performance and an array of new integrated features – which includes the world’s first – that produces the best Windows-on-Mac experience for users.
New features at a glance
- DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3: Up to 20% faster DirectX 11 and improved OpenGL 3graphics in Windows and Linux.
- 10% longer battery life when Windows runs in Travel Mode.
- Automatically reclaim disk space: Virtual machines (VMs) can be set to automatically return unused disk space when shutting down.
- New multi-touch gestures for Windows apps: Use smooth zoom and rotate Trackpad multi-touch gestures in Windows apps.
- Enhanced printing: Print on both sides and use more paper sizes, from A0 to envelope.
In addition, Parallels Desktop 16 subscribers will receive complimentary concurrent subscriptions to Parallels Toolbox for Mac and Windows and Parallel Access.
Parallels invested more than 25-man-years of engineer programming to take full advantage of the new macOS Big Sur architecture and revamped kernel extensions to deliver our best Windows-on-Mac performance ever for our Parallels Desktop 16 customersNick Dobrovolskiy, Parallels Senior Vice President of Engineering and Support.
Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac Pro Edition
Parallels Desktop Pro Edition, the #1 selling version of Parallels Desktop, is a more substantial, feature-rich and flexible solution as compared to the Standard Edition yet simple to use.
New key features include:
- CPUs and RAM: Assign up to 32 vCPUs and 128 GB vRAM for each VM.
- Microsoft Visual Studio plug-in: Visual Studio integration simplifies testing applications across operating systems.
- Create custom name networks: Name your custom networks for more organised and productive testing.
- Nested Virtualisation: Run and test Microsoft Hyper-V based virtual machines in your Parallels Desktop virtual machine.
- Command Line: Rich command line interface (prlctl and prlsrvctl) allows flexible work automatisation.
- Vagrant, Docker, and Jenkins Plugins: Complimentary Vagrant, Docker and Jenkins plugins/providers for developers.
- Linked Clones: Make a new VM from a snapshot of the existing VM. The linked clone occupies only a fraction of disk space that is used by the parent VM, as it reuses disk sectors that are the same for both VMs.
- Archive a VM right in Control Center: Pro users tend to have many virtual machines which occupy a lot of disk space. In-place archive right from Parallels Desktop Control Center, with the ability to manage the configuration of an archived VM, brings unique convenience.
- Prepare for transfer: Export a VM in a compressed format as a solid file for easier and faster upload and transfer to new hardware
Parallels Desktop 16 Business Edition which is in addition to all Pro Edition features include:
- Corporate VM provisioning: Easily configure VMs with preinstalled applications to upload and host for employees to securely download and run on their Mac devices.
- Upgrade control: Centralised administration provides flexible controls to manage access to new Parallels Desktop updates, new feature releases, upgrades and new macOS releases.
- Password-less update: Administrator credentials are no longer required for Parallels Desktop updates.
- Easy installation on macOS Big Sur: Parallels Desktop installation on macOS Big Sur does not require the approval of system extension, which makes installation fast, seamless and eliminates rebooting your Mac.
- 50+ features: More than 50 useful and time-saving features are included in the Pro Edition.
Parallels Toolbox 4 for Mac and Windows
Included with the Parallels Desktop subscription, it is filled with one-click tools that simplify managing your productivity, the health of your computer and yourself. Newest additions for both Mac and Windows suites of more than 30 helpful tools.
Parallels Toolbox 4 features for Mac :
- Show Desktop
- Unit Converter
Parallels Toolbox 4 features for Windows:
- Close Apps
- Unit Converter
- Window on Top
Parallels Access 6
Also included with Parallels Desktop subscription, it allows users to remotely access up to 5 PC or Mac computers from iPad, iPhone and Android devices using familiar touch gestures.
Parallels Access 6 features:
- Personal Help: Accessible assistance for fixing PC or Mac for your loved ones. Simply generate and share a Personal Help link for them to select, which enables them to install a preconfigured copy Parallels AccessTM free of charge. This provides you with access to their computer so you can resolve their issues from anywhere.
- Bluetooth support for mice and trackpads in iPadOS 13.4 or later for remote sessions, including gestures. When a mouse or trackpad is detected, the cursor transforms into a native cursor depending on the content available on the screen — such as a pointer, I-beam or arrows — for improved user experience.
- Android support for OneDrive and Google Drive storage through Parallels Access File Manager for improved file sharing efficiency.
- Edge-to-edge rendering and gestural navigation.
Recommended Retail Price
Parallels Desktop 16 for Mac
- Upgrade from any edition to a perpetual license – US$49.99
- New subscription – US$79.99 per year
- New perpetual license – US$99.99
Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition
- Upgrade from any edition – US$49.99 per year
- New subscription – US$99.99 per year
Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition
- US$99.99 per year
🤓 Like what you read?
Stay updated by following us on Telegram, Facebook, Instagram or on our YouTube channel.